When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell....8/11/19

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That pedal car and plane are way cool but it takes a lot of fun tickets for those bad boys! That LeSabre tin car is cool too. I need to hang with you for a couple days Buck! V/r Shawn

I also picked up this '51 Regal Deluxe thanks to Dave @Classic Cool Rides A nice, honest bike with kind of a rockabilly vibe to it. V/r Shawn

DSC_0205 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0206 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0207 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0208 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0211 - Copy.JPG

I received a bike and a few parts over the last several weeks.

So after searching for 14 months and renewing my add for the elusive pork chop chain ring, I now have two which I purchased within a week of each other. A big thank you to Mynameis legion (Jeff) and OC54 (cliff) for making them available to me.

Also picked up this mint sliding rail seat post clamp from SJ_BIKER (Jose).

A big thanks to FelixNegron for mailing me out, free of charge, two NOS stem bolts for my cathedral stem.

And lastly. I swore I would not buy another bike, but when this 1937 CWC built Firestone Fleetwood roadster turned up on the for sale threads, I could not resist. The price was very fair for a complete original bike (minus the old repaint). Thanks to Tech549 (Paul) for being a great person to deal with and he did a superb packing job. I'm still in the process of servicing and detailing this bike. I will post picks when assembled.
IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

Wow!! A lot of great stuff posted already!! I was fortunate enough to stumble onto a pretty nice find as well. On the Longmont Bike Night ride Wednesday we turned down an alley where someone had a dumpster sitting in the driveway behind their house to the garage with a bunch of old carpet, lumber, metal pieces, etc. Way in the back I saw a handlebar poking out the top and stood up to get a better look and could see a chrome, peaked fender with a book carrier on top. :oops: I pointed this out to my friend Bob and slowly kept going as I REALLY DO NOT NEED any more bikes. Been trying real hard to resist temptation and have been doing a real good job. But ethically, as a bicycle addict let a bike go to the dump.

It looked like they were clearing out the place for an estate sale so I went back after the ride and left a note on the front door for the owner to PLEASE!! call me and I will gladly give him $50 if I can pull an old bike from his trash. (Since the dumpster was sitting on private property, removing it could be theft. No desire for me to be labelled a bike thief.;))

Drove by there the next morning on the way to the office and saw the note was gone and hoped to hear something from the owner. Nothing happened all day and I was getting anxious that a scrapper or homeless person(ever notice how many bikes and bike stuff they have?:unamused:) may not care where the dumpster was located and take 'em. I also left a note for the driver where he would see it when loading up to haul off with the same offer as a back up plan in case I didn't hear from the owner. Had just about given up hope and was considering just going to get it when I got a call. Seems the place is going to be remodelled so the son & wife can move in with his 95 year old Dad to take care of him and they are clearing out a bunch of old "trash" and there were 3 bikes in there!! All belonged to him and his 2 brothers.
IMG_20190809_152847680_HDR.jpg

A Schwinn Skipper w/Bendix red band 3 speed in great shape. Almost all original.
IMG_20190809_162232193.jpg

IMG_20190809_162342772.jpg

IMG_20190809_162244143.jpg

An American Flyer (AMF Roadmaster) w/ Bendix lever operated 2 speed in really nice shape. This was the handle bar sticking out of the dumpster that caught my attention.;)
IMG_20190809_164016739.jpg

IMG_20190809_164026559.jpg

IMG_20190809_164242887.jpg

IMG_20190809_164107083.jpg

And an Armstrong Made 3 speed w/coaster brake. Again, really nice shape but missing front fender and axle nut. This belonged to the guy I met and he was trying to remember the combination for the bike lock. 1243? No 1342? No 1234? No. Oh well.
IMG_20190809_165934826.jpg

IMG_20190809_165952477.jpg

IMG_20190809_170022501.jpg

Interesting badging on this one. Ross on the seat tube. Looks like American Flyer head badge similar to the one above but worn by a head light.
IMG_20190809_170036290.jpg

And he was close at the combo.
IMG_20190809_192623069.jpg

Ended up giving him $100 for a dumpster find. Great guy and no worries of the Law getting involved. A little patience and doing the right thing can sometimes be rewarding! :)

IMG_20190809_153906100_HDR.jpg

Back