When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Rear brake assy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jetmechco

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi, can anyone tell me what would be the correct Bendix brake model for my 1957 Schwinn Black Phantom - Single speed - Would like to verify it is the correct assy installed on the bike. Also would like to locate online a parts breakdown on it prior to disassembly for cleaning and greasing, so any assistance is greatly appreciated - Thanks

I think it should be a red band RB-2.

EF56291F-FCE6-4408-A011-5A4B986E78DF.jpeg

Hi Mark - Thanks for the info - The hub I have on the bike has a plain chrome finish, no marking at all on the hub with exception of a Bendix marked brake arm - It appears to be exactly what is shown as the top unit in the Illustration - Thanks very much

Hi Mark - Thanks for the info - The hub I have on the bike has a plain chrome finish, no marking at all on the hub with exception of a Bendix marked brake arm - It appears to be exactly what is shown as the top unit in the Illustration - Thanks very much
Their pretty easy to rebuild, I did my first one when I was around 8 years old with no manual or instructions. Just pay attention to the order you disassemble it & you’ll be fine. Parts are readily available also.

I don't believe the RB was introduced until '61 so either the regular Bendix or the late style New Departure is what these had. V/r Shawn

Yes, it is quite simple. Just wanted a illustration to see if anything missing from a prior repair. Thanks again

I don't believe the RB was introduced until '61 so either the regular Bendix or the late style New Departure is what these had. V/r Shawn

Hey Shawn, thanks for info. I'm kind of leaning to it being correct as I got the bike from a family member who indicated it was all original. Thanks for your input

Hey Shawn, thanks for info. I'm kind of leaning to it being correct as I got the bike from a family member who indicated it was all original. Thanks for your input
Can you post pics of the bike? V/r Shawn

Back