When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raleigh Lenton Marque III, 1950

-

juvela

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
-----

Raleigh Lenton Marque III  a)  .jpg

Raleigh Lenton Marque III  b)  .jpg

Raleigh Lenton Marque III  c)  .jpg

Cool old Raleigh

Cranks a bit out of registration. :smiley:

-----

Last edited:
Quite nice. As a small aside, took a new Indian roadster, changed hubs, brake pads etc to U.K Sturmey, Fibrax etc. I willed that thing to be as good as a Raleigh, gave up when the frame flexed too much for my liking, flogged it as a pretty piece.

I tracked down the owner, S D bikes, in Rhodes town, to see what else he may have. He said that this one is for sale for 1,000 euros. Just passing it on, l have no affiliation with him. A couple more views.

83FFE282-6597-4324-8DE4-160D31561548.jpeg

74325EBB-EE0F-4938-A2F8-8492D2DCAF81.jpeg

You see many of these twin top-tube models in Greece, often with custom paint; don't know if they have anything to do with the British headbadges they often sport. They do look very Indian or Chinese in origin.

Very cool Raleigh for sure, I have never seen anything like this before from Raleigh.

-----

Wonder if cutout in lamp bracket could be a clue.

It appears to be both irregular and non-representational.

Has anyone viewed such previously?

Perhaps the maker had need of a piece of steel in that shape and did a die to cut it from lamp brackets...

Or may look that way simply because of being poorly done...

-----

Last edited:
Back