When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible 1959 WF Golden Flyer??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DennyDoes

On Training Wheels
Hello, hopefully someone here can help me. I was looking at vintage bikes on Facebook Marketplace and found this. It was really cool looking and reasonably priced. So I bought it. The original owner was going into a home and I bought this from his son. Now that I own it, I'm trying to figure out what it is. To me it looks similar to the 1959 Golden Flyer with the frame, chain guard, bike rack, it even has a light golden/copper tone on the mudguards, chain guard. The fork decals are different, it has a strange dog ornament on the front and the seat is different. But the seat has a silvery/golden trim. It's missing the main decals, and headlamps. It would be awesome if someone could help me figure this out.

Thanks! -Denny

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Unknown-5.jpeg

Unknown-6.jpeg

Unknown-7.jpeg

Unknown-8.jpeg

Unknown-9.jpeg

Unknown-10.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe that stampings of MOS would be a 1960 frame; 1959 was MOR. The four digits following MOS, like 2082, may reflect a model number, sometimes seen in ads. Murray built bikes for Western Auto (among others) and referred to the style as “speed weight” and a double twin 3-D frame.

Last edited:
I believe that stampings of MOS would be a 1960 frame; 1959 was MOR. The four digits following MOS, like 2082, may reflect a model number, sometimes seen in ads. Murray built bikes for Western Auto (among others) and referred to the style as “speed weight” and a double twin 3-D frame.

Great, thanks! So in the ad I posted, the number under the back wheel would be the serial number. So I need to find an ad with that number.

Hello, hopefully someone here can help me. I was looking at vintage bikes on Facebook Marketplace and found this. It was really cool looking and reasonably priced. So I bought it. The original owner was going into a home and I bought this from his son. Now that I own it, I'm trying to figure out what it is. To me it looks similar to the 1959 Golden Flyer with the frame, chain guard, bike rack, it even has a light golden/copper tone on the mudguards, chain guard. The fork decals are different, it has a strange dog ornament on the front and the seat is different. But the seat has a silvery/golden trim. It's missing the main decals, and headlamps. It would be awesome if someone could help me figure this out.

Thanks! -Denny

View attachment 1066337

View attachment 1066338

View attachment 1066339

View attachment 1066340

View attachment 1066341

View attachment 1066342

View attachment 1066343

View attachment 1066344

View attachment 1066345

View attachment 1066346

View attachment 1066347
This is a Murray made bike. Looks to be a Flightliner or a standard Spaceliner bike. I have a chrome frame, But this is a different style frame than the one i have. Same springer front forks. Hope this helps. A really cooool old bike. Appears to be from the early to mid 60's. Thanks for sharing and Ride On. Razin.

Back