When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Post on the CABE this 1 is for the Schwinn Guys

-

hopkintonbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Long time lurker first time poster, thanks for a few years of using this forum as a resource to support my re-awakening of interest in the 70s bikes I knew growing up, for your perusal a recent find at the local bike donation center I donate a lot of bikes to, this time I walked away with bikes in the truck, a totally matching pair of 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2 all chrome, 24 inch sport touring bikes, all the hallmarks of a mid to late 70s Schwinn with a few twists, I consider these a good reference mark of a bike Schwinn built not to the spec as shown in the catalogs as these bikes are original and totally identical, fitted with Brooks B-15 saddles with alloy posts, TA cranksets, Le Tour Schwinn 300 GT rear derailleurs, Huret front derailleurs, stem mounted Huret-made shifters, Weinmann rims, Normandy Deluxe hubs, Weinmann sourced brakes and levers(?), interesting, centerpulls in the rear, sidepulls in the front(!), 4130 frame with butted top and bottom tubes, original black cloth tape on a GB-sourced bar, sweet late GB-sourced forged stem, the original Schwinn Le Tour tires, both bikes have the Schwinn alloy rack, 1 was fitted with lighting, the other fitted with the black canvas Schwinn saddlebag, looking for a P-15 if theres a trade out there, thanks, Todd

20190921_152829.jpg

20190921_152848.jpg

Last edited:
Back