When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie Alert

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ron Nichols

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi All. At the suggestion of a member I am re-posting my first note to you all. Just acquired the bones of a Whizzer and am ultra excited to be in the game. So very cool. As is usually the case when I take on an 'unusual' project is to try and find out what I am working with. Saves tonnes of issues when looking for bits. I'm away from home this week but did bring a couple of photos of what I have and looking to determine"what I have". I do have serial numbers (at home) and will make them available once I get back there in a week. Couldnt wait after discovering this group!! I including a couple of snaps (cause I only have a couple today) hoping you all might know what this is.
Ron

IMG_3798.jpg IMG_3800.jpg

Looks like a Schwinn with a H/J mill. but more info/pics may tell more.... Welcome to the CABE!

I'm the guy who sold the bones to Ron Nichols. Ron -- glad you're pumped about the build. I've attached more photos of Ron's bike. I started to assemble some bits and pieces to build up this bike, but it was a project that got lower and lower on the list. When Ron asked if I had anything, I initially hesitated, but it's sometimes better to see something in the hands of another who will take it to the finish line. The frame (Ron, you'll have to chime in with the serial number) is a Lincoln. I knew nothing about it, except it's factory dimpled to clear a Whizzer drive belt. I bought the wheel set and the Schwinn fork to make it a roller. The engine is an early H, serial number as seen in my photos. Ron -- best of luck! Maybe if somebody could chime in on the Lincoln brand -- I was always curious about that myself.
And, now that Memory Lane Classics is shut -- what's the best source for Whizzer parts? Is Chuck Gatto still in the hobby? I bought some bits off of him in 2001 when I put my first Whizzer together.

DSC_0345.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

DSC_0348.JPG

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0351.JPG

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

DSC_0359.JPG

Thats what I am thinking. Thanks to Greg for the additional photos and again, my plea for any help telling what it is. While looking in the fenders section yesterday I saw one set that said it was for 'springer type' whizzers and appeared to have 2 extra dimples in them ostensibly to accommodate the wider 'shoulder' of the fork. Is this something I should be paying attention to OR will any 26 fat fender fit this girl?

I'm not a Whizzer expert, but I think it might have something to do with the rear drop stand (absent on this bike) clearing the arm as it 'rests' on the bottom of the lower chain stays. Sometimes, that brake arm might be in the way... Just guessing. Anyone else know?

There's a listing on eBay for a complete bike, and this info is in the details: "rear coaster brake torque arm, Whizzer issued a bulletin to bike dealers to make this change, the weight of the motor and the higher speed that the bike would go, when stopping with the coaster brake, the frame would bend at the strap."
That's a bike being sold by Chuck Gatto. I did find him. He goes by gwhizzers on eBay. Years ago, he restored the magneto for my 300-series Whizzer engine. Still running strong, although I no longer have the bike...!
(Sorry to hijack your thread, Ron.)

No worries wordman. Happy to be amongst knowledgeable conversation. What do I shop for when shopping for fenders for this bike? 26 “ wheels.

Back