When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leon Dixon Top 25 Collectible Bikes...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to missing classics on Leons list, the internet did not exist back then! Some bikes we know of as classics today, might not of even been known about back then. We only had very few printed pieces of literature available, swap meets and old bike shops to talk and see old bikes.

I have one of his books, Leon was involved in the car design industry and he wrote a book on the history of a Detroit concept car fabrication shop. The book is called Creative Industries of Detroit from Car Tech press.

In regards to missing classics on Leons list, the internet did not exist back then! Some bikes we know of as classics today, might not of even been known about back then. We only had very few printed pieces of literature available, swap meets and old bike shops to talk and see old bikes.
Don, it is wild to think that no one knew about an Evinrude, Roadmaster Supreme, or Colson Commander back then. When one popped up at an auction or swap it must have blown people's minds! Today these icons are so ingrained in the bicycle hobby and the internet is the primary reason we are informed. I am still baffled no one can comment on what a "Charlie Chaplin" bicycle is?? Does one exist in the Evolution books?

So
Don, it is wild to think that no one knew about an Evinrude, Roadmaster Supreme, or Colson Commander back then. When one popped up at an auction or swap it must have blown people's minds! Today these icons are so ingrained in the bicycle hobby and the internet is the primary reason we are informed. I am still baffled no one can comment on what a "Charlie Chaplin" bicycle is?? Does one exist in the Evolution books?
Is Leon reading this thread? What is a Charlie Chaplin Bike?

I almost bought the Charlie Chaplin badge, but I was told it was a repop. I think it must have been copied from another badge if it's called a repop? Don't know for sure?

I am in contact with Leon-he is alive and well! He is in a semi-seclusion from the bike world and still continues to write for automotive magazines. He continues to work on his bicycle reference book(s)-adding more-refining it-and promises to finish in this lifetime! Trying to condense 80 thousand pieces of bicycle literature into perhaps several volumes is no small matter. I have seen the literature first hand-its unbelievable. I don't know where one would start-maybe that is why the book is taking so long! I wonder if the 'list' would be about the same as it was years ago. Not enough 'Schwinns' on the list to satisfy me!

I am in contact with Leon-he is alive and well! He is in a semi-seclusion from the bike world and still continues to write for automotive magazines. He continues to work on his bicycle reference book(s)-adding more-refining it-and promises to finish in this lifetime! Trying to condense 80 thousand pieces of bicycle literature into perhaps several volumes is no small matter. I have seen the literature first hand-its unbelievable. I don't know where one would start-maybe that is why the book is taking so long! I wonder if the 'list' would be about the same as it was years ago. Not enough 'Schwinns' on the list to satisfy me!
I can't even imagine trying to put all that information together. I dealt with a very small fraction of the information he has and it took me 4 years. Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back