When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White 59 Racer cleanup

-

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Work has begun. First layer of dirt removed yesterday with soap/water and simple green solution on the dropouts and BB area. Damn this thing was filthy. Stay tuned..
71811629-BB6C-43E6-B59C-BA66C99BBE04.jpeg

4F19E4AB-FCB4-4063-B460-355C0B8C61C4.jpeg

110AAEFA-3F7D-44F7-AB03-89CA5016F81F.jpeg

Screenshot_20191016-073042_Chrome.jpg

You got your bike looking good.

Found this one the night before in the Baltimore area. I dont believe that is the correct front sprocket ( chain ring) and / or crank.

Curious to see if anything can be done to improve the decals. I've been told no many times, but had to try different methods on mine before I agreed they are right. Thoughts?

Curious to see if anything can be done to improve the decals. I've been told no many times, but had to try different methods on mine before I agreed they are right. Thoughts?
Very soft work with a q-tip and water first to get the dirt off because you don't want to abraid the surface by rubbing around dirt. Then once clean, take a very fine cutting polish and a q-tip. If you work at it very delicately you can get a lot of the discoloration out. And keep switching out q-tips for clean ones. You are trying to remove the embedded dirt and grime and don't really want to keep moving it around. Once you go over a small area, flip it over to the clean side, then do some then toss and grab a new one. However, you need to guage if the decal can take it or not. Many can, some can't. You will know within the first few minutes if there is hope. I have had a lot of good lucky with most, but some are just too dry and about to flake off and won't take any work on them.

Hmm, I need some opinions here. Since the white
rear fender has all of that nasty safety tape on them( bad idea), and i can’t find my heat gun( hair dryer), was considering putting some stainless 60 Traveller fenders on. They have chrome braces also. Although not original, could look pretty sweet.
A881C17C-4EBE-44A8-9828-CC4473133DC8.jpeg

9744C07D-69D1-488A-BB49-FD0DAADFBDF6.jpeg

Back