When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haro Vector

-

MarkKBike

Finally riding a big boys bike
About two weeks ago a freind asked me to build a moutain bike for him so he could do some light trail riding with his son. I had a pretty nice one I wanted to sell him, but then he told me that he was hoping to keep his budget at under 60$.

I started fixing up a vintage 80's era trek for him, and then today I found this one that I can also complete within his budget. I believe its mid 90's era. It has a 19" frame, but looks smaller do to the slope in the tube. I prefer a 19" moutain bike, and my friend is about a inch shorter so this may work for him.

1.JPG

I plan to fix both of them up, and let him choose which one he wants. He will probably pic this one, as it looks a little nicer cosmetically and shows less use. All it really still needs is a good cleanup, a lube, and one shifter swapped out.

I believe its a step up from the typical department store bike. It was sold though one of the nicer bike shops in the area, and still has the shop sticker on it.

I might keep that one peice bullhorn handle bar for myself, and swap another one on as I kindoff like it. I already also added fresher tires, and a better conditioned saddle. (Not new parts, but better with more life left).

Does anyone know anything about theese? would 60$ be fair for him? If I fix up the way I want to, it would be break even for me. The bike has a 4130 chromoly frame and the paint is in really nice condition.

The only bad thing about selling to a friend is once the sale is complete you also become their maitenance mechanic for life, but on the other hand you get back one more person you can ride with.

Last edited:
I've got a Vector V2c and I will own it forever I am not really into Haro bikes but this one has been the rock in my stable and the geometry is perfect for my size . I'll be posting it soon

Back