When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super rare find!!

-
Are you saying the Red Wing was made by Munger? I have a few things on Munger. If it is then the bike itself is worth a huge chunk of change!!

I shouldnt go from memory on some of these details, my apologies... the Red Wing was not made by Munger's Worcester Cycle Co, it was made by New England Cycle Co in Worcester, MA (owned by local bowling and roller skate champion JW Grady)... ive edited some previous posts to reflect my miscue... theres a lot of cycling history here in worcester (the house that major taylor owned is only a mile or two from me at this moment) and being a local im always trying to find whatever i can.... info, ephemera, parts, bikes , etc... occasionally i get things crossed.

I see

Alf Goulett raced a New England Racer and Kopsky raced on the curved seat tube New England Racer. The “Red Wing” rings a bell somehow and I just need to research a few things.

Great information and I’m sure somehow we’ll find that the “Red Wing” in the box is actually a very significant bike. It does seem quite rare!

Any other photos of bicycle trunks out there?
Great piece of bicycle history!

I have other pics of trunks I've been saving..

BookReaderImages.php.jpg

L1150448.jpg

Back