When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Ration Era Elgin Lightweight - Built by Who?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you!
Project update. I'm getting close to completing my tune up on this bike. It is coming along good. During the cleaning, polish, and wax I found some red pins that accent the white ones and now they are easier to see. Pictures to come. I tried trueing up the wobbly wheels but there were too many stripped or seized spokes. I will be riding this bike so I decided to re-lace the wheels using black spokes and nipples. After removing the spokes, cutting a few of them, I felt kinda bad about losing the originality but I think it turned out alright. Just gotta do the rear wheel now.

Funny side note. These rims are Schwinn sized 597's. I tried putting on a regular 26 x 1 3/8 but that was a no go. Too tight. Had to use a Kenda K23. It sat really nice actually.
image.jpg

The rims are probably 599s, but the 597 tires will work. 590 will not. If you need to re-lace, do it. You have to be able to tension and true properly to make the wheel functional.
Thank you. 599 makes a lot more sense. Not a lot of variety in that size tire. Glad the Kenda K23s fit and are still available.

Great bike @3-speeder ! I love wartime bikes, including your unique K serial mix master New World (1942-1945?). Schwinn made victory bikes, and thanks to people like you, we have the pics and the date codes. :p

The blackout hubs on this bike are killer. Crazy ribs in them. Blackout pedals, crank, sprocket, and bars go great with the paint and stripes. Interesting the way the seat stays attach to the seat tube. Really neat bike. So glad you're riding it now. Congrats!

Great bike @3-speeder ! I love wartime bikes, including your unique K serial mix master New World (1942-1945?). Schwinn made victory bikes, and thanks to people like you, we have the pics and the date codes. :p

The blackout hubs on this bike are killer. Crazy ribs in them. Blackout pedals, crank, sprocket, and bars go great with the paint and stripes. Interesting the way the seat stays attach to the seat tube. Really neat bike. So glad you're riding it now. Congrats!
Thank you

Back