When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Before 1940 CWC "bent tank" frames had straight down tubes, and straight chain stays. Your bike has upsweep chain stays, and curved down tube. Bent tank models were discontinued after the war, and the drop stand ears were dropped after 41, so that narrows it down to 1941 model year.

I have a rare WH frame that was dimpled for adding a Whizzer and it came with one on it. I'll send you pictures when I get home. Thanks for doing this.

Here is another CWC bike with a mysterious pre vs post war serial number. It is a Hawthorne Lite Wate and very original.

Link to CABE page: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/hawthorne-lite-wate.160936/

Serial number "J05626".

imagejpeg (3).jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

Have had this frame floating around the shop for the better part of 10 years. It came with a pile of Whizzer stuff, hence the motor mounts. After reading this thread, I believe it's a CWC Roadmaster frame, serial number C03531. Could someone tell me if that's pre or post war? It was a real mongrel when I got it, with Canadian bits such as the crank arms from a CCM. I bought a Roadmaster fork for the project about nine years ago, but things don't move very fast around here. If you could indulge a couple of questions: Is the chainring Roadmaster? Would anyone have a few extra Roadmaster parts, such as a crank, chainguard or neck? All are missing! Thanks very much!

IMG_1290.jpg
IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG

I assumed it was postwar because of the lack of drop stand tabs. Still learning about CWC frames, as this is my first one

Back