When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluebird on Ebay opinion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
9k someone either knows how to fix it or just want one bad...those cracks might indicate to me structural issues... poor repairs I suspect.. it’s possible they are minor repairs but you can’t see under that paint... personally I’d be inspecting it closely for rust out issues and other cracks.. I’ll just hug mine it’s safe and solid.. plus I can hold beer in the speedo hole! :0

If you bought it would you ride it?

This has me concerned, looks more involved than just some paint cracking. But it sure is a purdy bird.

View attachment 1100090
Agreed; that is a very bad stress crack. With all the years claiming 1st place it certainly wasn't there, then. By where it's at and years of show, it doesn't look more than a simple bump off of a curb. And that would mean; Something's rotten in Denmark. That frame will need to be completely stripped, cut rotten (as in rust eating inside, that has weakened the tube and or cracked. I mean, unless like, a 5oo pound dude bounced it off a curb, a little stretch on impact , cracked paint and sprang back?. Otherwise, Cut the tube out, refit another, etc the whole 9 yards..

That's why the guy's not getting what he wants, Moreover, It's a parts bike. He's disclosing crack, plenty of photos of parts paint etc. and description. Moreover, everybody liked it,, until it cracked.

As far as the bidders go, Back in the day, it was very easy to catch shill bidders, not so today. I mean, it's still possible for zero or tinny feedback bidder to prop it up and sellers have trouble from people who'll just screw with the sale too, when auction ends never complete the sale. So, there are two sides to that coin. I've seen zero feedback come out of nowhere on very rare or highly desirable collectables and complete the sale with no feedback just to retain full anonymity, and or open an 1st or new account B/C he/she saw the sale online.

Regardless, as far as these here parts go here, I think @THE STIG would be the most valuable at assessing what's to be expected in potential ending results. What's it going to cost to open the can of worms and repair the frame plus unseen 'rotten worms, properly etc. {If there's one there's more} On a guess, I'd say, 'A can of worms' wouldn't sell better than one half if was a fully restored bike in like kind condition without that crack or obvious tell-tales in the frame.

So, Bet the worms or 500 pound dude. <<< ???>>>>

That paint crack looks distinctly like there's rust underneath it as there appears to be a little bubbling and some discoloration (plus, what would cause such a crack?). If it were a car, I would assume new paint hiding many sins and walk away after a few choice words with the seller that in my PTSD days might have turned into a physical altercation. IMO, you either pay for the best and cry once or start with a cheap basket case and expect to spend out more over a much longer period. That crack has me suspecting that this is the worst of both options. What good is the paint, anyway, if it has to taken off for repairs the full extent of which is hidden? Plus, the electrics don't work. It's so simple, but he won't fix it at that price he's asking? His history just seals it. If I were a judge, I'd probably consider that enough to issue a warrant for fraud.

Remember, crack is wack, say no, don't look back.

It's a bad marriage for somebody, or a royal scam.
1574597813600.png

I think it was a cheap price for a great bike. Why are there so many haters out there?
if it’s cracked then weld it. I have seen so many birds rusted so bad and brought back to life again, and people aren’t hating on them....
This seller didn’t want to respond to the peanut gallery.

Back