When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify old handlebars?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MOBO

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Another "help me figure out what this is" thread. . .
Anyone recognize these old bars? Shape suggests they're pretty old. Any idea what they would go on?

IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG

Probably a 1900-1930 Racer or Track bike. does the center section of the bar have anything stamped on it?

What to sell them? The were covered in tape?

Yes, they were covered in cloth tape. I removed it hoping to find some identifying marking, but didn't see any. I haven't worked them loose from the stem to see if there's something under the stem clamp.

And yes, we will be looking to sell them, but I figure that will be easier to do if I know what they are. Do you have thoughts on value?

-----

The lack of "corners" on the tops combined with the deep drop is certainly suggestive of a track application.

If you have not done so already try removing the corrosion from the ends. Bars often have a mark in that spot.

-----

-----

They kinda look like these..

View attachment 1102077

-----

Thanks for posting! ;)

Example bend in your image exhibits extreme flare. Subject bend has no flare.

In general with bends there is an inverse relation between amount of drop and amount of flare. Note also how small is the reach as compared to our subject bar.

The bar on this machine is going in the direction of a Marsh pattern bend.

This catalogue page from maker GB ca. 1962 gives an idea as to the variety of drop bar bends -

-----

Last edited:
Yes, they were covered in cloth tape. I removed it hoping to find some identifying marking, but didn't see any. I haven't worked them loose from the stem to see if there's something under the stem clamp.

And yes, we will be looking to sell them, but I figure that will be easier to do if I know what they are. Do you have thoughts on value?

I'm a babe in the woods on this. They should go together.

Back