When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Olive color Trussframe Thought it’s was Davis and Questioning Miami like your thought

-
The bottom of the badge looks connected to a sort of banner to me too. I’ve looked all over for a similar badge shape but have come up short. To me, the Fox head badge looks the closest. The fork looks similar to a fork I saw on an earlier Queen City bicycle that was posted here on the CABE. The top plate of the crown is thicker than that of others I’ve seen. Is the fork olive green too, is is it tarnished nickel? I love a good mystery!

-Austin

fork is olive

it needs the front fork pulled back where it started out in life , then check the welds and frame for cracks where the crossbars are connected to the head tube and seat post! you can get a head badge anywhere but these bars are tough to pull out of your lower body ! just my deranged thinking !

Wanted to tell all of you that helped and took their time in sharing their input on this unknown Truss
I decided to pass this bike on to the next person so they can start their own trivia , man I’m a sucker for untouched bikes .
Love the trivia to help understand the next !
Just wanted to say thanks , I know time is valuable !

mark

Last edited:
I have had lots of these frames and there's a lot out out there, if your drawn to arch bars your be drawn to one someday. Most of the ones i have seen have been been badges Simmons or Shaperleigh. As far as a maker ( and i have pontificated this for the longest time ) Originally thought it was a colson , but in my best Knowledge it is HP Snyder and a HP Snyder before some of their unique frame building techniques (so pre bottom bracket seat tube volcano joint) That may be as close as you get , i like arch bars and find these quite often, i don't particularly like the rollfast / hp snyder, but the construction is good on that archbar, thus i believe HP Snyder made a better machine in the early days. Just Life knowledge, would wager on it but maybe not take it to the bank. :)

Back