When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin Army tribute bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
This one was done way back in the day. Has what looks like flat Lobdels with a Bendix Elmira front Hub and Morrow rear. Has the hanging tank. I believe Murray made with a serial of S2878. 1940? V/r Shawn

Interesting that the Westfield tank fits in the Murray frame so closely. I do think your frame is earlier than 1940, more likely a 37. The truss rods are the earlier type and the frame still has the Alemite fittings which I don't think were still being used in 40 although the frame style was.
I own an Elgin with that frame that has the same truss rods and Alemite fittings. Mine has a higher S serial number and the Elgin/Musselman hub has a date code from the third quarter of 1937.

Interesting that the Westfield tank fits in the Murray frame so closely. I do think your frame is earlier than 1940, more likely a 37. The truss rods are the earlier type and the frame still has the Alemite fittings which I don't think were still being used in 40 although the frame style was.
I own an Elgin with that frame that has the same truss rods and Alemite fittings. Mine has a higher S serial number and the Elgin/Musselman hub has a date code from the third quarter of 1937.

Thanks Chris I've never really studied these frames that much so was just guessing. Yep that tank seems to fit pretty well but I'll probably remove it and sell separately when I list it. V/r Shawn

Back