When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar fender bomb

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
something about the underside of the bases, and the vasilene glass reflects different I believe.

Is it hollow? These have been reproduced more than a few times to varying degrees of accuracy. There are also more than one variety of the original so your best bet is to post it up and let us have a look. V/r Shawn

the last version made was nearly impossible to tell (great right? soooo many people I know got burned
on these stupid things)
One sure thing is patina...and the originals were hollow in the body..
remove the base...shine a flash light in the hole on the body the base mounts to.

These days it's almost better to buy these from a Non bike collector who just "found"
the ornament at an estate sale, antique store etc.

There's a whole lotta "shruggin" going on with sellers moving these along..."I dunno!"
lame buyer beware scenarios.

Like little land mines dropped in our hobby to blow up in peoples faces...love it.

NOT!

the last version made was nearly impossible to tell (great right? soooo many people I know got burned
on these stupid things)
One sure thing is patina...and the originals were hollow in the body..
remove the base...shine a flash light in the hole on the body the base mounts to.

These days it's almost better to buy these from a Non bike collector who just "found"
the ornament at an estate sale, antique store etc.

There's a whole lotta "shruggin" going on with sellers moving these along..."I dunno!"
lame buyer beware scenarios.

Like little land mines dropped in our hobby to blow up in peoples faces...love it.

NOT!
Thanks Bobcycles. I’ll do more research on it. By the way i’m Bicyclespook

Is it hollow? These have been reproduced more than a few times to varying degrees of accuracy. There are also more than one variety of the original so your best bet is to post it up and let us have a look. V/r Shawn
Thanks for the information.

So the originals are hollow, that means these will be lighter in weight than a solid repop “witch” bomb.
Therefore someone COULD weigh an original and a repop and get an idea of the weight differences for comparison ?

Nah, it’ll never happen

555c67d23813677b52ee9d676733b1d2.jpg

So the originals are hollow, that means these will be lighter in weight than a solid repop “witch” bomb.
Therefore someone COULD weigh an original and a repop and get an idea of the weight differences for comparison ?

Nah, it’ll never happen

View attachment 1108562
I’ve got an original that I need to pull off to rewire, maybe if I don’t forget before I go back home I’ll weigh it

Back