When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd duck, Chinook from portland OR

-
Hi, @Rustngrease

I'm trying to sort out these very early serial numbers, but there are so few dateable examples, that I am still reluctant to give definate answers.

However, since 1918 bikes are J, this could be 1911 or 1912, depending on whether I was missed out of the sequence. I suspect they did so it's 1912.

C was also 1925, as @piercer_99 said, but I think he's right, the features are too early for 1925.

Addition:

F.P. Keenan were certainly in business in 1912. Here's one of their adverts from The Sunday Oregonian. (Portland, Ore.) July 31, 1910,

F. P. KEENAN CO.
ROYAL PIONEER MOTORCYCLES.
POPE BICYCLES.
Everything for Auto, Motorcycle & Bicycle.
lOO fourth Street.
HARTFORD

and from the Morning Oregonian. (Portland, Ore.) May 20, 1912

AUTOMOBILE SUPPLIES.
BICYCLES. MOTORCYCLES SUPPLIES.
F. P. KEENAN & CO., 100 Fourth st.

Maybe 190 Fourth St. Address in the Morning Oregonian. (Portland, Ore.) Nov. 4 1913

Note that they mention Pope, which becomes Westfield in 1916.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
@MrColumbia would have better knowledge.

I am pretty sure that one of the C years was 1925, however your machine looks earlier than that, I think that 1912 was also a C, however, outside of MrColumbia (Ken), I don't know anyone for certain who could verify that. @Mercian may have an idea though. Heck, while I am at it, may as well see if Patric has an idea @hoofhearted

The grips, the pedals, the block chain and saddle seem more likely to be 1910's era and not 20's.

Good luck finding out which year, it is a really nice bicycle.
Wow thank you!!!

Hi, @Rustngrease

I'm trying to sort out these very early serial numbers, but there are so few dateable examples, that I am still reluctant to give definate answers.

However, since 1918 bikes are J, this could be 1911 or 1912, depending on whether I was missed out of the sequence. I suspect they did so it's 1912.

C was also 1925, as @piercer_99 said, but I think he's right, the features are too early for 1925.

Addition:

F.P. Keenan were certainly in business in 1912. Here's one of their adverts from The Sunday Oregonian. (Portland, Ore.) July 31, 1910,

F. P. KEENAN CO.
ROYAL PIONEER MOTORCYCLES.
POPE BICYCLES.
Everything for Auto, Motorcycle & Bicycle.
lOO fourth Street.
HARTFORD

and from the Morning Oregonian. (Portland, Ore.) May 20, 1912

AUTOMOBILE SUPPLIES.
BICYCLES. MOTORCYCLES SUPPLIES.
F. P. KEENAN & CO., 100 Fourth st.

Maybe 190 Fourth St. Address in the Morning Oregonian. (Portland, Ore.) Nov. 4 1913

Note that they mention Pope, which becomes Westfield in 1916.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Wow I really appreciate the info , very exciting to learn the history

Mine is a pope built model..

Back