When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pre-war straight bar custom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird

Having some fun with this old Liberty. Replaced the fork with an early Monark springer.

Just got done painting some darts on the frame. Done with brush and One Shot enamel.

I've done the stencils on quite a few bikes and they turn out pretty nice. Cut them from an old manila file folder with your best scissors. Stick some tape, folded over on the back and place on your frame or tank where you want them, and out line with narrow striping tape. Paint, and always remove the tape before the paint sets up. The exacto knife point is used to carefully start the tape ends to peel it off. Clean up any bad edges before the paint dries with a cotton swab dipped in solvent and tightly twisted.
Pictured below is an old Ranger tall boy I did last year. My hands aren't as steady as they used to be on the final striping, but it still turned out pretty good.

Below is a 41 I bought that was missing the tank and guard. I traced the tank of another 41 I had with tracing paper, then transferred it to that white sticky paper that Hobby Lobby sells [ can't recall the name of it] They use it to make labels out of. Then I cut stencils out of it. This bike ended up being parted out.

For all you Schwinn lovers, a closeup of the chain ring.

I kick myself for letting this one go. It was a nice rider.
Last but not least, have a Merry and safe Christmas, from me and my wife.
Below is me, taken last spring, out riding the Panther, [ 8 Ball. ]

I'm not smiling, because my wife, pictured below, insisted to ride with me.

Merry Christmas Schwinn Folks!

IMG_3056.JPG

Back