When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats Some Of The Craziest Things Inside Bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A cork and a wood dowel.

Pretty common. Colson bikes always have corks in the tubes inside the bottom bracket shell.

I think it's because they're dipped in solvents that would corrode the tubes from the inside out.

And a lot of old bikes were dipped in paint, so corks would keep the tubes from filling up.

I've found a colson build sheet in a fork tube, money in handlebars, an alloy fluted bmx seatpost in a seat tube, which probably got dropped in and stuck, then another seatpost on top of it.

Found an original receipt with the owners name and address in an old monark handlebars, and some 22 bullets rattling around inside of some bars.

I found this wax paper with a Gold Rush advertisement on it, inside the seatpost downtube of a late 1890's bicycle I bought in downtown Chicago about 12 years ago.

IMG_20200103_222325026.jpg

Back