When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indoor storage ideas

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
Since my toddlers are getting older, I’m trying to figure out long-term storage ideas at home for collectible ballooners with tanks and middleweights. I have space in my basement that I’d like to convert into a viewing area but out of reach of children. Virtually all the solutions I’ve seen are with road bikes. I’m not opposed to building a custom rack. I like to ogle my bikes which is why they’re not in the garage (garage space if full, btw).

I’ve considered building a vertical wall rack. I want to get the bikes off the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used this post and build the same set up. its from @WetDogGraphix post..

See post #22 I set mine up that way with those and some L brackets I made.

Was going to suggest something like Abe did that I use for my kayaks, but his system is better for bikes as the hooks travel and there's only one block and tackle required.

I currently have about 6 bike on it.
I would recommend to have the lengths at about 8ft for extra travel. The unistrut is available at Home Depot. They are about 20.00 for 10 for lengths.

All credit goes to @WetDogGraphix or wherever he saw saw it.
I like the fact that his post has the center hook device to lowers the bikes.
My garage is in the smaller side and it goes on the side with the shorter car.
We have two vintage cars in same garage but the shorter car allows for 6 bikes on the hangers.

You can see the bike in the back right in this shot. I think we only had 4 hanging at the time.

8A9279C4-2A04-49B0-AB65-A5555F87C9CF.jpeg

Back