When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to make a poor mans bike stand

-

Goldenrod

I live for the CABE
A vise on a pipe stand can be used for several projects. We use it for assembly and dis-assembly, welding, wire brushing and grinding and fender rolling. A bike stand is just a stand.

IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_7357.JPG

A vise on a pipe stand can be used for several projects. We use it for assembly and dis-assembly, welding, wire brushing and grinding and fender rolling. A bike stand is just a stand.

View attachment 1121921

View attachment 1121922

View attachment 1121923
Fantastic! I wanted to add something I learned from Grandad many years ago. For his vice he made soft jaws, simply two pieces of copper bent over like angle iron. Over the years I've used wood, even cloth depending on what you're clamping.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

@Goldenrod Would you mind sharing the info on that fender roller IF it's home made ? I am in need of 1 & can/would rather build most stuff vs just throwing lots of cash at it

It is made by Joe Carola in Illinois. He just made a bunch more to settle demand. His number is 847-524-5647. I will start a fresh thread to explain the history. Each time he makes them the price must be raised because the parts price goes up. Its is aleways close to cost. Look for the thread "All you wanted to know about a fender roller."

Fantastic! I wanted to add something I learned from Grandad many years ago. For his vice he made soft jaws, simply two pieces of copper bent over like angle iron. Over the years I've used wood, even cloth depending on what you're clamping.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
We do that and it helps.

It is made by Joe Carola in Illinois. He just made a bunch more to settle demand. His number is 847-524-5647. I will start a fresh thread to explain the history. Each time he makes them the price must be raised because the parts price goes up. Its is aleways close to cost. Look for the thread "All you wanted to know about a fender roller."
Bicycle bones has a fender roller on eBay, $800 shipped, cheaper off eBay tho....

Back