When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who made this Bonita Bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello,
I have this Pacific Hardware Bonita. I can't easily find a serial number on it.
It came to with with the mix of parts that are on it. Looks like Schwinn cranks with a Colson sprocket. I put the seat on it.
Thanks,
Chris

IMG_20200111_135835.jpg

IMG_20200111_135728.jpg

#1,000. Diamond frames are tough, as are juveniles/youths' bikes.
I believe that Colson did not have a 22-tooth sweet heart chain ring; look at where the drive pin lands, count the 5 tear drops; (thinking maybe a Miami Ohio bike). Maybe a bike that was baked pre-war?

I remember seeing that chain ring sprocket before.

"In 1918, Baker & Hamilton merged with Pacific Hardware & Steel Company to create Baker, Hamilton & Pacific Company".

Last edited:
Oooo, nice piece of Bay Area biking history. What size are the wheels, 20 inch? Could have been supplied to them through the Merry Company, Bean Sons, etc.

#1,000. Diamond frames are tough, as are juveniles/youths' bikes.
I believe that Colson did not have a 22-tooth sweet heart chain ring; look at where the drive pin lands, count the 5 tear drops; (thinking maybe a Miami Ohio bike). Maybe a bike that was baked pre-war?
View attachment 1122473
I remember seeing that chain ring sprocket before.
View attachment 1122486
"In 1918, Baker & Hamilton merged with Pacific Hardware & Steel Company to create Baker, Hamilton & Pacific Company".
Thanks Archie, based on the bridges, I was thinking it might be Miami built. Perhaps the front sprocket is Miami and is original. That merger date helps date the bike to before 1918, probably before WW1. So perhaps the front wheel is original, which makes sense, the front hub looks correct, while the rear hub looks newer.

Oooo, nice piece of Bay Area biking history. What size are the wheels, 20 inch? Could have been supplied to them through the Merry Company, Bean Sons, etc.
Hi Gary,
Yes there is a good chance that Bean or Merry supplied the bikes to Pacific Hardware. It has 24" wheels.
Thanks,
Chris

Back