When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making sure yer buying a non stolen!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Most of the bikes I get aren’t circulated in the hobby yet and are fresh finds at swap meets or estate sales. One guy at a swap meet had a sign that said, “If you want to steal a bike, i’ll steal your legs!” Didn’t see anyone bothering him.
That doesn't mean they weren't stolen at some point in time! You never know, fresh finds could have been taken long ago and stashed away, so because uncirculated doesn't mean anything!!

If you are not picking it up at the seller's residence, ask if you can take a photo of the seller and the bike together. Also get a hand receipt from the seller with their name and the serial number on it (I carry a small receipt book).

I do this at the shop I work at and have only had one stolen bike I have purchased in four years (and I helped return it and still got $100 on the back end - best customers in the world down here in North Cacky Lacky.

I always photograph the serial numbers of my bikes. Still looking for this one that was stolen last year. 1956 straightbar with the bolt on kickstand & S-2s.
3F768752-D996-4816-B838-E705F56292F7.png

For good measure. Everyone should keep at least a photo record of all the serial numbers on their bikes. Remember the old Higgins that went missing in Long Beach.

Back