When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Straightbar build.

-
I’m going with the larger chainguard.
CA33AC00-305F-49DC-BF39-E4301A223939.jpeg

When you finish your build , you must never let this bike out of your sight ! I'm willing to bet this becomes your Favorite ! I dig where your'e going with this . ;)
I’m sure I’ll hang onto it for a while. Should be rideable tomorrow, but I bought one of those warped reproduction 9 hole racks from Bicyclebones & my friend has it in his shop for straightening. I’ll add it after I paint it.

I put a few miles on it, got a few rattles, the chain whispers on the guard every revolution, and the forebrake needs some minor adjustment, but she rides super smooth! I’ll sort those issues out tomorrow.
My buddy is making tooling to straighten a couple of racks for me, I’ll let you know how they turn out.

That’s some very nice work that you did, Mark! In the past, I have favored the smaller feather guard, because that’s what is on my straight bar. That being said, your choice of using the larger one really works with your build and I think it looks awesome!

That’s some very nice work that you did, Mark! In the past, I have favored the smaller feather guard, because that’s what is on my straight bar. That being said, your choice of using the larger one really works with your build and I think it looks awesome!

I was the same way! Now I have 4 or 5 of the small ones in my parts stash & no more large ones. Gonna have to fix that situation soon.
Thanks for your kind words.

Back