When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Art Deco Racer" CCM Flyte project.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
and here was the result on the bike.....

P3280439.jpg

So the bike is still a work in progress.... the frame and fork are now primed ready for top coat.
Here are some pictures of it mocked up to see how it would look.... it will get wooden rims, nickel plate on all the bright work (yes I know they were chrome) and a few smaller changes, but that's the basic layout! Seat is an older Brooks narrow. White tyres and grips.

P3290448.jpg

P3290449.jpg

P3280436.jpg

P3280433.jpg

P3280441.jpg

P3280437.jpg

One thing I would like to do is have a new custom chain wheel made in a same style as the CCM item but bigger to look more like a racer.... and in 3/32 size.
I am not sure what ratio to go to... as I would like it to be still rideable on flat ground. But in reality I will not use it much at all.
The factory gearing is 50/17 (2.94) I was thinking 60 or 63 to 18.... (3.33 and 3.5)
Thoughts??

Thanks for the comments. I welcome ideas to make it better!!
One thing I want to do it is to get the handlebars lower. They are about in the middle of the front frame tube at the moment and most race bikes have them at the level where the tube meets the fork.
Complicate THAT with these 1930's BSA curved handle bar stems I found last night and went "WOW! the race bike has gotta have something like that" now I have to try and make a stem from scratch that maybe has more curve over and down to the bars to get the height I want and a thin clamp attaching it to the top of the fork. Suits the curve theme of the bike, at the end of the day it's all a bit of fun! :)

stem hayson-avt-rb1.jpg

stem hayson-avt-rb4.jpg

stem 1934-BSA-Opperman-Super-eeze-24.jpg

stem 1934-BSA-Opperman-Super-eeze-26.jpg

stem c9e5be1a3a363794f275c7572d48ee5d--tricycle-swans.jpg

stem james cycle 8.jpg

The Lauterwasser bars are sharp period correct- I really like a pair I have on a 1938 Raleigh Gazelle. SOMA makes repros in aluminum and steel. The limp dick stem is going to be hard to find- the lauterwassers were made to give you a lot of reach with the short stem that worked in the late 1930's.
They are great bars I have always liked the look of those. I could only find them in aluminium on ebay just now and I would want steel for this project.
I would not have to find a stem I would make one from scratch as the design I want is not around, but the more drop on the bars the less drop I would need on the stem... so I see where you are going with that.... thanks! :)

Back