When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would this look dumb?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would go with the wax ad well, easier maintenance in the long run. And paint will affect the patina more than wax.
Hammerhead

Use a inconspicuous place like the under side and try all applications you have at hand and go with your gut feeling, you'll kno once you see the comparison ;)

That Corvette paint is awesome!

Any paste or liquid car wax that drys to a whitish haze before buffing it off will leave a visible residue in the small chips, scratches, cracks or other paint defects. This is really noticeable on the darker colors and around the flash welds leaving the frame looking like crap unless you clean out the wax. Spraying a clear coat of any kind over old chipped and scratched paint would be crazy. You'll end up with a permanent mess down the road. I would clean up/polish the paint getting rid of all the old dead oxidized paint and then use a carnauba spray on wax of your choice.

Hey guys there’s a great wax called Collonite 845 that will not leave any white residue and will last longer than conventional waxes. I discovered this wax by accident and is available on EBay . I use it on both my cars and my kid’s cars and can honestly say it lasts way longer than other waxes I’ve tried.

At the end of the day it’s your bike and you are the one that has to be happy with it. As to what I would do I would leave it as is and just wax it with Collonite 845. It’s original only once.

of course that leads to the age old question.

W.W.S.D.?(what would Schwinn do?)

So in that case, we can differ to their literature.

;)

just ignore the last two sentences.

Back