When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m in favor of rat bikes!

-
Well I consider my first Klunkers were the StingRays we built in the 60's by swapping to low wide bars ( made a crossbar out of rear sissy bar ), small seat and wide S2 front. then in the 70's we heard about the "Mt Tam" gang doing the same with 26ers ( and trademark the name Clunker ) and we followed suit and built the same for the Mt. Wilson 13 mi. dirt downhill so Klunker has always had a dirt downhill feel.

I'm not talking about the Schwinn bikes, I would build up my own bikes from parts. I have five younger brothers and could not AFFORD to buy a schwinn. This was way before any of the other CRAP went down. I not gonna argue the point. IT is what it is.

Just threw this one together..the frame was sitting in a flower bed..ridable yard art..

Around my area ( socal ) used Schwinn's ( or frames ) were cheaper and built better than others new, great for projects and thats all I had till I bought a new 79 Spitfire ( for my girlfriend ) when I was in my 20's.

Back