When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone identify this?

-

BrentP

Finally riding a big boys bike
A buddy of mine is putting this up for sale but doesn't know what the model name was (if any) or the year. I'm not a Schwinn guy (usually hang in the Middleweight forum giving advice on Spaceliners), so here I am to solicit opinions from the Schwinn experts about the year and model.

spvc1.jpg
spvc2.jpg
spvc3.jpg
spvc4.jpg
spvc5.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Odd that someone would go to so much effort to badge it as a Schwinn. It certainly has similarities to the Phoenix in your link.

It looks like a very old Flying Pigeon frame, millions of them made over in China. I like the rod brakes and the way yours is put together. I would ride it, after straightening the forks.

1584207457362.png

I see the saddle is made in Mexico. It might be a Mexican bike like a Windsor https://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenS...SOR_WINCHESTER/Windsor_Winchester_1_Intro.htm

Are there any other manufacturer marks on the bike.

This style frame was made by many companies in many countries.
Mexico... interesting. My friend who owns the bike spent several seasons in Mexico running bike tours and bought some vintage bikes while there. I'll ask him if that's where his is from.

EDIT: He did bring it back from Mexico. The seat might be aftermarket. He doesn't know anything about it possibly not being a Schwinn and will look for a frame code.

Last edited:
Apparently there were no manufacturer stampings, but the S/N on the bottom bracket is 0567 11090. I don't know whether any of that can help identify the manufacturer, or not.

Back