When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronavirus effect on bike hobby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As a technical aircraft trainer, my job is in the classroom with people from all over the world almost every week! until last week, I had a stupid teaching schedule - as of a few minuets ago...I now have three 5 day classes and a one day WebEx on my schedule. Whoa, I'm going to try to convert some to FAM classes and attempt WebEx's but who knows.... I'm supposed to retire end of the summer but Stocks and 401 are now a concern!

Only about 12 riders showed for our monthly ride yesterday :(and there were fewer people out & about generally, which was great!

Things will slow a bit in the market. People are hanging on to their money until things stabilize. Unless
As a technical aircraft trainer, my job is in the classroom with people from all over the world almost every week! until last week, I had a stupid teaching schedule - as of a few minuets ago...I now have three 5 day classes and a one day WebEx on my schedule. Whoa, I'm going to try to convert some to FAM classes and attempt WebEx's but who knows.... I'm supposed to retire end of the summer but Stocks and 401 are now a concern!
I've been remote for the last 10+ years. I'm 15 or so years away from retiring (or taking a simple job I love) but did call and discuss my 401k last week. I had to wait on hold over an hour. They were being swamped.

This may get more jobs to be remote, many that go to work dont really need to be there.

Here’s some corona info. This is world wide stats.

Here’s some H1N1 info. Just stats for USA.

Here’s the common flu/influenza info. Again this is world wide.

Working on my bikes is a great thing to help handle stress even before COVID-19. Now it's even more important. It's important to have something to occupy your hands and mind and give you a physical energy release during such a stressful event as we are dealing with for the unknown and unforeseen future and bike are doing it for me. I'm fortunate in that I have a beautiful 12 mile green-way close by and can ride my bike to get there. Bike riding is the perfect pandemic exercise. Prayers to all that are struggling with this viral disaster. Looks like we're going to be into this for a long time.

Well I've officially been furloughed at work until further notice. I build custom yachts for the Mega rich. My job is extremely sensitive to changes in the economy. When it's good I'm working all the overtime I can handle and when it's bad I don't have a job. Recently I've been working all the overtime I could handle. The current project is supposedly halted because of disruptions in the supply chain. A similar thing happened in 2008 and that 70ft sailboat ended up mothballed for 11 years before it was sold half finished for pennies on the dollar. It's pretty cool work and it's a real bummer when things like this happen after putting so much effort into something. This is what I was making up until today.

20200317_142929.jpg

20200317_193055.jpg

Last edited:
Back