When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronavirus effect on bike hobby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
We're using this time wisely... I guess.

My son is coming by today to borrow a shotgun and a 9mm pistol. Other than a .22 rifle, all he has is a 44 magnum revolver. Not great for home defense. He's made out quite good in his career, and he lives in a place they call "Money Hill." Naturally we're afraid of the crime rate spiking because of unemployment, etc.

I'm spending the "shut-in" time working on my shop, painting the ceiling, and I have all brand-new light fixtures to mount. Cleaning, dusting, repainting, etc. Spring is here!

So the best way to deal with a health crisis is to shoot other citizens, BRILLIANT.

We applied for the emergency small business loan and they called this morning and pretty much approved it....at 3% and don't have payments for a year! Wheels are turning quickly, just might allow us to reopen! Back to spending on bikes... LoL JK

The discussion was originally about the effect of the Coronavirus on the bike hobby. Maybe I have been following the wrong thread. You can't shoot a virus. If perceived hoarding by people who live in older neighborhoods across the freeway is the fear and a potential danger than most of America is in jeopardy. I suggest we all go to CABE forums for a bit and just absorb some useful info. That conference that airs every morning is not helping it seems. Politicians need to go for a bike ride. If they still have the balance required!

I know what it is, I started the thread. There are multiple posts prior to the one I made that are not specific to bikes. You've posted some yourself, see below. Also, I previously posted about my son stopping by and never made mention of why until there was another post. You just seem triggered and then posting fake news.

Wow...... This is getting interesting. People in Arizona, Washington, and other similar places starting to get scared. I thought those were the safe spots. I live in Los Angeles. Lots of CABERs live in Southern California. What is the suggestion from those loading weapons for the rest of us? Or is most of America on their own? I know I left my flamethrower around somewhere. Maybe I will look under my pile of old bikes in the back yard..................
I agree L.A is a mess but mostly because of extremism. I'm not sure of your source of how everywhere else is crime free, Phx area is close to 5 million people.

I know what it is, I started the thread. There are multiple posts prior to the one I made that are not specific to bikes. You've posted some yourself, see below. Also, I previously posted about my son stopping by and never made mention of why until there was another post. You just seem triggered and then posting fake news.

I agree L.A is a mess but mostly because of extremism. I'm not sure of your source of how everywhere else is crime free, Phx area is close to 5 million people.
I need to identify my sarcasm I guess. The mention of "older areas across the freeway" and "decent areas" are well known catch phrases. I think the majority of my posts were in response to a unnecessary (in my humble opinion) post that did not pertain to the hobby

Over here my personal issues are with the impending limitations that will curtail the actual riding of my bicycles, as has progressively happened across Spain, France and other countries in Europe.
We had to tell my mum that she will be in total self-isolation for at least 12 weeks from today, ironically it's also 'Mother's Day' in the UK.
Difficult times indeed.

Some people just need a reason to whip out that excuse they have hanging onto. Too bad they can't take a pot shot at a virus

Guys, there are already armed gangs driving to nice areas for breakins, in some parts of the country.
Everybody be on watch and stay safe!

Interestingly enough, I saw quite a few people with bikes on cars going to the local parks this past weekend. It was chilly, but not bad from a weather standpoint. We have a "stay home" order that takes effect this evening, issued by the governor of this state. I think sales are pretty dead for now, but I'm wondering if people keep going out to parks to ride. It seems like people are of the opinion that you can go ride and still keep your distance from other people. We'll have to wait to see whether people are going out to ride because we have a couple snow storms here this week. Frankly, I'm surprised how active people are on the riding side of things from this past weekend. But they seem to have cabin fever.

Back