When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everton

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BroCraig

Finally riding a big boys bike
Was given an Everton 24 or 25 years ago. Getting it in running condition. Will have pics then. Anyone familiar with Everton? Dutch company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-----

With a name like that one might be forgiven for thinking first of a Brit footie side. Either that or kitchen help for Chef Blackstock in the Brit comedy telly series Chef!.

Actually it is a Danish badge from the firm of Egedeso based in Odense. In 1995 they were purchased by an entity titled Smith & Co. Several marques have lived under the one house. Another is Scan Sport. At least some of their products seem to be contract built.

If it is a road model lightweight it may exhibit mixed kitting from all over the world.

-----

It may be a 1980’s model. Oops. Yes, Danish. Mine is a 21 speed? Will check when it comes back from "BikeSmith". The guy there does a fine job and cares a lot about bikes. He is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
-----

Expect to view a serial on the sinistral side of the seat tube.

It should have the format LLNNNNNL or LLLNNNNNL. The final letter is an indication of the year produced. The last two letters prior to the numbers are usually EE which indicate a foreign produced frame or bicycle.

Have found no evidence that they ever did any actual manufacturing.

Back in the 1950's and 1960's some of their machines were contract built in Italy. By the 1980's everything was coming from asia.

Another brand name under which some were sold was that of Ole Ritter, a Danish cycling champion.

Company text on origin of Everton name -

"I starten af 1950'erne besluttede man at finde et navn til sine cykler. På daværende tidspunkt var cykel-markedet domineret af mange tyske cykel-navne - og da 'Tysk' ikke var særligt populært i Danmark i den periode (relativt kort tid efter krigen), ville man hellere finde et Engelsk navn. Vel at mærke et engelsk-klingende navn, som samtidig var let at udtale på dansk – og valget faldt på Everton!"

Entity yet in operation today and maintains web site here -

-----

Back