When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your klunker pics here!

-
Ya, that tank with the door is for tools, tube & water, my tank is packed!
1585246251725.png

Not sure if this would be more of a klunker, bomber or maybe neither? Whatever it is, it's pretty mild compared to many of the awesome builds posted in this thread. Anywho, it's a bike I put together a couple years ago with a '37 Colson frame, fork & crankset I had lying around. I have a more modern wheelset I plan on swapping in, possibly multi-gear, a 3pc crankset and smaller Colson chainring to get this big guy up a hill once in a while. That would be it for now, unless I decide to add some kind of front drum or disc brake setup.

1585248757281.png

Figured all the klunksters and kooks out there might get a kick out of this old relic. It isn't exactly a klunker but klunking did inspire the build for sure. This was the OG Build back in 2009, and since it has changed some, but not a ton. I probably have 15k miles on it at least since these pics, and it is still my go to touring bike. It lost the cooks bros cranks in favor of some MC70-era Deore XT 180mm arms. Frame is a 1985 Schwinn Mirada, and if people are curious, I could probably find all the build details with the wayback machine.

Cheers y'all, so many sweet bikes in this thread, but for my tatses, especially those bikes from Cali that birdzgarage posts. Lots of custom heat the way I like it!

2009_4x4_1.jpg
2009_4x4_2.jpg
2009_4x4_3.jpg
2009_4x4_4.jpg
2009_4x4_5.jpg

Figured all the klunksters and kooks out there might get a kick out of this old relic. It isn't exactly a klunker but klunking did inspire the build for sure. This was the OG Build back in 2009, and since it has changed some, but not a ton. I probably have 15k miles on it at least since these pics, and it is still my go to touring bike. It lost the cooks bros cranks in favor of some MC70-era Deore XT 180mm arms. Frame is a 1985 Schwinn Mirada, and if people are curious, I could probably find all the build details with the wayback machine.

Cheers y'all,

View attachment 1162444View attachment 1162445View attachment 1162446View attachment 1162447View attachment 1162448

Back