When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing larger tires on original rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Phrank Vee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey Cabe!
I have tires that need to be replaced.

The current tires that came on the bike are 26X1.75.

Am I able to go wider and still fit the rim and not rub fenders? Rims, fenders, and current tires are all original. So is it wise just to replace with 1.75 or how would I know which tire would fit if I wanted to go wider?
Thanks everyone.

2.125 tires will fit the rims but fenders is only a maybe. Tires with the same numbers often vary from brand to brand. Roger

You can use the larger 26x2.125 tire if you don’t want fenders also the fork clearance will be close on some bikes . You may be able to keep the fenders using a larger 26 x 2.125 tire If its a rounded tire versus a square top edge tire & it’s perfectly centered on the frame and fork.

You can use the larger 26x2.125 tire if you don’t want fenders also the fork clearance will be close on some bikes . You may be able to keep the fenders using a larger 26 x 2.125 tire If its a rounded tire versus a square top edge tire & it’s perfectly centered on the frame and fork.
Great info! Thanks

Back