When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ya, the headwind was tuff today, had to find a sunny place out of the wind but made it home without a flat so hopefully got the tire/tube thing figured, for some reason the thornproof tube didn't stretch out enough inside in a fat tire to not twist and rip off my stem:mad:, oh well.

I wanted to pick up some things today for rainy day project. So I used my Suburban utility bike. Did about 13 miles.
Down through the "old village " of Mechanicsville.
20200327_153023.jpg

Up the trail , stopped by to get a picture of the Cherry Blossoms.
20200327_153049.jpg

Off the trail and across the 4 lane to Family Dollar
20200327_153147.jpg

Back down the trail to the hardware store
20200327_152935.jpg

Then back home again. Basket is very handy.
20200327_153347.jpg

GREAT RIDE

Today was relatively warm in the Chicago burb area at 44%

I went down into the basement and selected a ride that has not had much recent use. Next I tested tire preasure, and had to add about 15 pounds of psi.

About 2 minutes into my ride it started raining, (Oh Well, I was already having fun and decided to continue my planned path). Both the bike and I needed a good rince off anyways as I had not yet showered today.

I captured a few photos of the ride from some of my favorite photo spots located near by.

Do to the virus, and weather I only crossed paths with one other person out on the trail today. Total ride time was about 25 minutes leaving and circling back to my home.

I think I got this one for 25$ at a flea market, and have got at least 25 or more rides out of it since it was brought home. For about a buck a ride it has been a good deal. If I remember correctly when purchased it was missing a saddle.

For some weird reason I like taking bike picks in water sceneries. Probably from my fishing hobby background. I always thought water makes a good background to any photo.............. lol.

When out on a bike I just try to place it in the most beautiful settings I may encounter.

Trust me, my home town does not look this nice every day, These are photos taken from specific angles to maximise the nature aspect that I most enjoy in a photo. If taken at a different angle there will often be buildings in the background. I just choose to not include them. One of these days I will go on the exact same ride, and take photos from other angles.

Last edited:
Beautiful, sunny day in northeastern New Jersey. More people and fewer cars on the streets these days. Rode my 1990-1992 (?) Schwinn Cruiser. I found this on a curb some years ago in very nice shape except for two flat tire. At home I found that it had fractional-sized tires and tubes with lots of holes (like a screwdriver would create) and the tubes were filled with anti-leak slime. Conclusion: previous owner bought wrong tires, tried to get them on the rims, poked holes in the tubes while trying, tried to fix the leaks with slime, gave up in frustration, and threw the bike out. Current version is modified with a BMX-style stem, small BMX handlebars (off a kiddie bike), front caliper brake, and skinny saddle. The handlebars are 22" wide and quite comfortable. Tires are 26 X 2.125 "Schwinn Typhoon Cord" donated by an old Shelby Flying Cloud.

Back