When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame Polish

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1951 C.W.S

Finally riding a big boys bike
I started this page over in restoration but there seems to be little buzz over there so im redistributing it over where i know fellow restorers are about.
Thanks for any help!

Regular Compound is for use for very rough feeling or oxidized paint. I use this gently to get the surface started (after cleaning it, of course). Next step is a polishing compound to bring out a luster and a depth to the paint. Lastly, a good wax to finish it off and protect what you've just done. It you did it correctly, the paint should look and feel like slippery glass.
If you have any pin striping or decals, use caution on these. A regular compound will take the stripes off, as well as some decal coloring. Take your time and you'll be happy with the results.

Good advice - especially the "clean it first" part. Don't try to polish dirty stuff. Do all of the dirty work - dis-assembly, bearings, and touch up first. When the frame is bare you can get into all of the tight places and do it right.

Be gentle when cleaning. Even soap and water can fade a decal or silk screened chainguard name. Once it's gone you can't get it back. I washed the ink off of a bicycle license sticker so I removed the sticker, but I really wanted to keep it in tact to show the bikes history. Lesson learned.

Be gentle when cleaning. Even soap and water can fade a decal or silk screened chainguard name. Once it's gone you can't get it back. I washed the ink off of a bicycle license sticker so I removed the sticker, but I really wanted to keep it in tact to show the bikes history. Lesson learned.
The bike in question is my 1951 C.W.S roadster and most of the pinstriping is gone anywho

Back