When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading my Sears Spaceliner for Toilet Paper...

-
Zipcode
So many of you wonderful cabers are willing to help a stranger in these trying times, putting yourselves at risk by going to big box stores and driving many miles in bad weather just to help me with my TP situation. That was not my intention at all. When I said "please help if you can" I really meant to appeal to that person who would like to have a Spaceliner project, that has easy and safe access to a grocery store through a friend or relative, who might be employed at one and can acquire the items on my list as an insider avoiding hoards of panicking shoppers and access the store while the shelves still have products on them. This is the safest scenario for this type of request. I guess that sounds very specific and maybe not so realistic.
I have come to realize what a great community The CABE really is. For some years now, I have monitored many posts revealing members helping one another just to find the smallest of bits to help complete a bicycle collector's dream build. Everyone takes pride in their projects as well as the pride they have for their fellow caber's projects. All thankful and grateful for sage wisdom and advice.
As a bicycle enthusiast, I get a lot of inspiration from the passions of the membership. As a person, The CABE is a bright spot to which I can retreat.

Seriously, diligence pays. I have a friend a few blocks from the store and their manager said that they were getting a shipment today. I now have my limit of one 6-pack of mega roll Northern, 15 lbs. of russets and the rest of the canned cat food for Stripey, the bills and rent are paid up and I am set for the month again. I do all of that and my shopping the first week of each month on a budget and I still have over $200 left.

I started doing that before I had a bankruptcy in 1995 and the only down side to it is that the Nigerians no longer seem interested in sending me $28 million and their princess. Oh well!

So many of you wonderful cabers are willing to help a stranger in these trying times, putting yourselves at risk by going to big box stores and driving many miles in bad weather just to help me with my TP situation. That was not my intention at all. When I said "please help if you can" I really meant to appeal to that person who would like to have a Spaceliner project, that has easy and safe access to a grocery store through a friend or relative, who might be employed at one and can acquire the items on my list as an insider avoiding hoards of panicking shoppers and access the store while the shelves still have products on them. This is the safest scenario for this type of request. I guess that sounds very specific and maybe not so realistic.
I have come to realize what a great community The CABE really is. For some years now, I have monitored many posts revealing members helping one another just to find the smallest of bits to help complete a bicycle collector's dream build. Everyone takes pride in their projects as well as the pride they have for their fellow caber's projects. All thankful and grateful for sage wisdom and advice.
As a bicycle enthusiast, I get a lot of inspiration from the passions of the membership. As a person, The CABE is a bright spot to which I can retreat.
C Caring
A About
B Brother and Sister
E Enthusiasts
Love the CABE!

Back