When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Situation with PP Friends and Family... A Warning...Just in case...

-
Yep, and Capital One is always in your wallet, when you're not looking.
Friendly info and recombination regarding banks for any CABER that happens to read this post.

ABSOLUTE WORST bank in America. One West Bank. Making my life hell for over 5 years trying to resolve an Estate.

BEST bank in America. American Savings in Hawaii. Sadly only in Hawaii. If you lived on the islands and banked with them you would know. Aloha!

It's BOA-----I had the same experience as BroCraig above, almost 20 years ago, along with other transgressions with them...closed the account ( I thot)--called, wrote, returned mail still, to this day, they send me mail about my account---absolutely the worst in America. Capital One is just as bad---find a small, local if you can.

This has just started for me. Paypal warned me, but I went on to completion in spite of the warning.
I have been purchasing here using Paypal, and as most folks want, I send the money as F&F.
What I have been doing is just to use my 'Bank of America Visa' CC to make the purchase. Not my PP sponge fund account, or having PP access one of my bank accounts. I have one tied to PP, but I keep very little money in it preferring to use the CC. Somehow, I have never liked the idea of PP having access to my bank.

I just checked my Bank of America CC statement, and there is a sizeable extra charge for my very last F&F Purchase. Apparently BOA CC is now considering a PP F&F payment as a Cash Advance, and adding on a healthy fee!!!
I have never used any other card with PP so I don't know if this has been an ongoing thing with other CC Companies, but it is brand new for me with BOA! Just another way for thecc vultures
I just wanted you guys to be aware...Just in case...
Do any other Credit Card Companies do this?

Maybe it's a new COVID-19 virus effect... :D :eek:
Sounds like a boa virus to me. Just another way for the cc vultures to RIP off hardworking people out of their hard earned money. You know what they say" only kick them where it hurts". To bad . They need to suffer their own kind of bank type corona virus so then maybe they will financially wake the hell up. Razin.

YUP! USING PAYING F/F FROM YOUR MONEY SITTING IN PAYPAL IS
THE LAST WAY TO AVOID PAYPAL CHARGE AND CREDIT CARD CHARGES.

Back