When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S2 rims

-
THE stainless rims RIMS DID HAVE KNURLING. I SAW THEM AND THEY WERE A PAIR OF S-2',
BUT THAT WAS OVER 5 YEARS AT MLC. A NEW YORK COLLECTOR FROM NEW YORK WAS TRYING
TO SELL THEM, BUT NO TAKERS. THE STAINLESS WAS NOT GLOSSY.
IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT STAINLESS STEEL CAN BE BUFFED TO A MIRROR FINISH.
I HAVE SEEN STAINLESS STEEL BUFFED TO A #8 MIRROR FINISH IN ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATIONS.

THE stainless rims RIMS DID HAVE KNURLING. I SAW THEM AND THEY WERE A PAIR OF S-2',
BUT THAT WAS OVER 5 YEARS AT MLC. A NEW YORK COLLECTOR FROM NEW YORK WAS TRYING
TO SELL THEM, BUT NO TAKERS. THE STAINLESS WAS NOT GLOSSY.
IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT STAINLESS STEEL CAN BE BUFFED TO A MIRROR FINISH.
I HAVE SEEN STAINLESS STEEL BUFFED TO A #8 MIRROR FINISH IN ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATIONS.
The stainless S-6 rims on my 1949 New World aren't knurled, but my understanding is that the first year chrome and painted S-2's were also smooth, so I would guess that there may be stainless S-2's that are smooth, if they made them in 1948. Unless somebody finds out exactly when they were produced, I don't think you can rule anything out. Do you know if the New York collector is on the CABE?

Last edited:
Back