When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does the letter "W" appear in Huffy Serial Numbers?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wheelee

'Lil Knee Scuffer
My bike appears to have a serial number on the rear dropout of the form, WXXXXXX. Bike looks like a 1964 or 1963. Does this number seem possible? I would have thought it would have had a 3 or 4 before the letter. Was "W" ever used by Huffy for their serial numbers?
Thanks,

Bill

Bringing this back to life. I recently picked up what appears to be a Cheater slick. I've only found a couple other bikes like this https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1968-huffy-cheater-slick-modified.93034/ Though, this bikes numbers are on bottom bracket, not dropout and it has multiple stamps. Is a W instead of H. Anybody?
20200313_183313.jpg

Screenshot_20200302-192721_OfferUp.jpg

@partsguy has a bunch of Huffy catalogs from the '60's (posted in the Albums section?) if I remember right. That might be a place to start.

It's been said the W serials were supposed to be for Western Flyers, but they ended up mixed. Like the '61 JC Higgins "Mainliner" in the general section.

Looks like a 1971. I don’t have anything past 1966-67.
That's the other thing. It matches 68' CheaterSlick and there is an 8 stamped in front of serial, but the standard serial was the second digit. Then there is the stamp above to make it worse.

Hi. I am searching for a bike exactly like the one pictured. Do you know of one for sale? Coast King rebadged this bike and called it Road Runner. I would like to buy either one of these. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like a 1971. I don’t have anything past 1966-67.
I have an identical 1968 Cheater Slick Modified frame only, and I am building it into a bike. Green seat, grips and fenders, a ten speed fork and 48" sissybar. My chainguard is missing as well. Would like a Flaming Stack for looks but wouldn't we all?

Back