When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there something evil in my tire?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
That is trying to escape?

Has anyone ever seen a tire do this?
I've seem them wear, but never twist .

I aired it up a few days ago to 70psi, rode it with no problems. Yesterday, I did feel an irregularity in the rear tire at the end of my ride.
20200527_182630.jpg

20200528_063459.jpg
The rim seems fine
20200528_063138.jpg

No, but you rides a lot of miles and run high pressures. Everything eventually fails, especially tires. How many miles you think Sven?

Yeah, The cords broke. You may have stuffed the tube in and there's a fold or twist in it, that made it bubble inside. Yet usually when cords break, it's cause tube popped B/C, to much pressure and potentially hot environment then when U not looking > ka-bluey! Also, on second look at photos, could be a combination of those, plus U slamming the brake, tire pressure to high as well, skidding and cords broke.

Last edited:
Yes I’ve had it happen many times on bikes. Tire failed. Bummer. Well on the flip side you’ll get some nice new tires! :)

No, but you rides a lot of miles......... How many miles you think Sven?
I honestly couldn't tell you. I know I dont rack up the Miles you do. Hats off to you ,sir.
If I had to guess I would say around 500 or 600 on that bike. I try to ride a different bike each day, unless I do a rack and ride to different state or region, e.g. the New England states.
I bought those tires in 2018 at the Bike Show in Pittsburgh. I guess it was its time.

Back