When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987 Panasonic DX4000...just bought it...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I managed to get another DX4000 (I also have a 1981) here on Long Island just about 40 miles from my house. It belonged to the woman's late husband, who had passed away seven years earlier and the bike had just sat. As her daughters grew, one hoped it would fit one of them as they got older, as their father had loved the bike and had purchased it brand new.. But, her husband was 6'5'' (I'm 6'), and even with the seat this far down it didn't work out for any of them. So, after sitting and collecting dust and dirt, she figured it was time to let it go.

She was sad (and teared up a little), she said, because when she saw me standing with it, and it reminded her of her husband. A wonderful woman, and we spoke for a while. I promised to take care it, and when I was done, I would send her pictures and she and her daughters were thankful. This bike will be a keeper, and I can't wait to get started. The following photos are as I took it out of my SUV. Oh...and she sold it to me for $160...

Nice looking bike Harpo,I can’t wait to see it finished. Tim

Thanks Tim. I'm looking forward to bringing it back and enjoying it the way the original owner did.

I found out on another site that the bike when new was selling for between $450-$500...in 1987!! That's 33 years ago...

fred

Another great deal! You see Huffy 10-speeds going for that now. Plus, it came with at least $10 worth of good old L.I. schmutz! I just picked up a Campy equipped bike reasonable. It changed colors when I hosed it down, and I wound up with a driveway covered with mud!

OK...pretty much done. I need to get some touch-up paint to make it look even cleaner. I took it for a quick ride right after I took the photos, and couldn't believe how great it rode. Wow! Worth all the effort to get it to this point. And the tires and tubes are fine, not was I was expecting but what I was hoping for! :) How do you like it, @Tim s ?

I guess they're original, but you gotta get those reflectors off the spokes. Please. Keep them in a drawer somewhere. Beautiful bike. Great clean-up and rebuild as usual.

I guess they're original, but you gotta get those reflectors off the spokes. Please. Keep them in a drawer somewhere. Beautiful bike. Great clean-up and rebuild as usual.

I know, lol! They're hiddeous!! I usually remove them AND the front & rear reflectors as I don't ride at night. :cool:

Back