When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950s Super Deluxe Seat for my Schwinn- Finished Restoration! Before & After.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

The Carolina Rambler

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everybody! Hope you all be doing well. I have been working on a little project over the last couple of weeks. A few years ago, I accomplished my first complete bicycle restoration, a 1953 Schwinn Streamliner. I got everything on it done that I wanted, except for a really nice matching seat; just didn't have the know-how or means at the time to do it. So I have ridden it for a couple of hundred miles with a less than proper seat on it. But that has changed now; I bought up a junky 1950s deluxe seat, removed all rust, straightened it, painted it, polished the chrome, and made a rubber-foam kussion and stitched upholstry for it, put it all together and ready to go! This took me at least 10 hours on and off for the last two weeks, maybe 15. I guess it turned out okay, it will do the job. This is the second seat I have done a full restoration on, and it was a son-of-a-gun doing it. It is comfortable though, and very deluxe, and it matches my bike! Thank you for reading, and have a happy Independence Day coming up!

1592280117383.png

1592280557505.png

1592280746031.png

1592280879662.png

1592280919602.png

Also, on an unrelated note. I would also like to share another little project I am working on. Fixing up Nana's old building. Its been 70 years since any real work was done too't till now. It's getting there, still need to side it. This was a race track concession stand in the 1950s, and had since been used for storage.

1592281197351.png

Last edited:
Outstanding job on both projects!
It is amazing how many abandoned / defunct race tracks are in North Carolina.

Outstanding job on both projects!
It is amazing how many abandoned / defunct race tracks are in North Carolina.
Yes, there are quite a few around. I reckon that is because this is one of the primary areas of the country where NASCAR and racing got its start. Amateur racing was popular around here back in the day, and even still now some. The traces of the racetrack itself can still be seen out back towards the woods, and it would draw hundreds of people back in the day.

20200616_162742.jpg

20200616_162848.jpg

I find abandoned things very interesting like the East Broad Top Railroad yard in Mount Union, Pennsylvania . A bunch of hoppers , a few boxcars and one tank car in the middle of the woods. The dual gauge track is still in place.
The abandoned Marshall Hall amusement park in the woods. The rides were dismantled and left behind.

Back