When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minty '66 Coppertone 3 Speed

-

jammer

Finally riding a big boys bike
This was my latest find, found it over memorial day weekend,

proves they are still out there. This one is near perfect, only a couple of scratches on the entire bike with perfect seat and chrome. It's as found, I have not even cleaned it yet. The kool part about this bike is the numbers stamped into the bottom bracket which match the Elkhart, Indiana license badge that was attached to the steering tube. I really wonder how they did a deep stamping on the frame without messing up the paint. I can't wait to detail this one. The other thing that is strange is the tires, they are worn pretty good, the tire wear does not match the condition of the bike, some kid back in the day must of been VERY careful with it.

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

... Dayum ... and I thought my latest find was cool ... NICE FIND! ...

Damn nice bike. I like the license plate number stamped into the frame. That plate NEEDS to stay with that bike. Save those pics, god forbid the bike gets stolen. I am sure that was why it was done to begin with. Congrats

For sure Stoney, even the little strap that held the badge on is stamped "Elkhart Police". It was off when I bought the bike, I think the friend of mine who hooks me up with bikes when he finds them might of taken it off. I will straighten the back the strap and reinstall after I'm done detailing the bike, I might even solder the strap back on since it was cut so it won't go anywhere.

For sure Stoney, even the little strap that held the badge on is stamped "Elkhart Police". It was off when I bought the bike, I think the friend of mine who hooks me up with bikes when he finds them might of taken it off. I will straighten the back the strap and reinstall after I'm done detailing the bike, I might even solder the strap back on since it was cut so it won't go anywhere.

I would solder it, good thought

Back