When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1890 LOZIER & YOST GIANT NO. 4 HARD TIRE SAFETY BICYCLE - RARE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike cates

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I am currently doing the final assembly on the restoration of an 1890 LOZIER & YOST GIANT NO. 4 hard tire safety. It features a unique articulated front fork with Bolte action springs that can be adjusted to the rider's weight and/or road conditions. Ball bearings to hubs, pedals and steering head. 30" wheels with 7/8" rear and 3/4" front red rubber tires. Saddle (not shown installed yet) has fresh leather. New stainless steel v-spokes are laced into excellent original rims. Chain guard and all brake linkage (not shown) will also be re assembled as well.
I will get completed photos posted soon but it is for Sale now prior to it's final re assembly.
I have included sample photos prior to it's restoration/re assembly if you don't know what this very rare bicycle looks like and there are not many in existence compared to the many sprung fork Victors and Columbias out there.
I haven't seen a bicycle like this offered this year at the upcoming Copake Antique Bicycle Auction 2020.
This is an experienced collector's collectible and a key piece for any world-class antique bicycle collection.
$18,000 Plus Shipping Cost. I can box or crate and I sell world wide.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and No Texts Please
[email protected]

DSCN5862.JPG

DSCN5866.JPG

DSCN5867.JPG

DSCN5868.JPG

DSCN5869.JPG

DSCN5870.JPG

DSCN5871.JPG

Last edited:
Back