When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green/black Columbia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Ok, had this light green/black Columbia tank hanging around for 20-30 yrs and been looking for a matching condition g/b bike to put it on, passed on this bike about 5 yrs ago and poped up again at a cant pass price ( with 86 green/cream 5 star reissue fenders & rack ) springer was on the ground with funky fork on it ?( think he was going to try to sell in parts ). Thought about OA bath, know it would take care of the rust but will it help or hurt paint, brighten to match tank or fade more?, always thought about just throwing it on another all black frame/springer.have to do some research but no built in kick stand, half guard & non-locking springer so don't know the model, can't find anything comparable in the Columbia book and no V ser#'s in the book? ( V287XXX )

Last edited:
Ok, pulled some stuff out of the parts pile to ad to yesterdays purchase and a set of rims that didn't sell at the swap yesterday ( sold the tires off them tho ), the most time, 15 min. was spent scraping the rust off the bars & neck that has been in the my rafters for years and thew this together till maybe find a better paint frame. Still wondering what year as the ser.# starting with a "V" doesn't show in any lists?.

Last edited:
Man that color combo really makes the bike. Digging the springer fork too. I don't even usually like Columbia bikes except the really old toc stuff but that's just awesome. Hopefully mr Columbia can shed some light on the v serial number. Sure don't look like a misstampted w to me. Very cool. - Nate

Hi, mrg

Looking at the pictures of the S/N on this thread

it looks more like a misstamped N to me.

If it is, then N287636 is 1964. Does that seem about right for the model?

Best Regards,

Adrian

When did they move the #'s to the rear dropout?, it's really hard to tell, at first I thought it was a upside down A but sure looks like a nicely stamped V, anyone know what yrs they offered this color? and this does not have the built-in kickstand and has the less deluxe guard so who knows about fenders ( paint or chrome ) and tank?, @higgens owned this years ago, I'll have to see if he remembers?

When did they move the #'s to the rear dropout?, it's really hard to tell, at first I thought it was a upside down A but sure looks like a nicely stamped V, anyone know what yrs they offered this color? and this does not have the built-in kickstand and has the less deluxe guard so who knows about fenders ( paint or chrome ) and tank?, @higgens owned this years ago, I'll have to see if he remembers?View attachment 1225217

The serial numbers moved to the rear dropout for the 1948 model year.

Reactions: mrg
Back