When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the fastest anyone’s ever gone on a Schwinn Stingray?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Back in my 30s, I would get up early on the weekends to drive my Chevy Corvette on Ortega Highway (I kept it for 9 years). It was just me and the sport bikes on the highway at that hour.
- there was also a place along the highway where we shot our pistols on a range. Bluebird Canyon?

Back in my 30s, I would get up early on the weekends to drive my Chevy Corvette on Ortega Highway (I kept it for 9 years). It was just me and the sport bikes on the highway at that hour.
- there was also a place along the highway where we shot our pistols on a range. Bluebird Canyon?
I don't know of that, my cousin who lived in Temecula use to take his crotch rocket GSXR bike and a few other friends I knew did too. I didn't have the vehicle, an El Camino with power and nice suspension, but not a rally car.

If you research bicycle speed records, think you could beat Denise at 184mph?

If any bike is geared high enough, has a fairing, and (I didn't read Denise' s story all through) but one's in past towed up to a certain speed then rider takes over. You'd have to be one $#(( of a rider with a $#(( of a lot of guts! Tire technology...also for that speed.
About 20 years ago I mounted a Briggs and Stratton (horizontal shaft) motor on a homemade platform over rear wheel on a 3 speed bike I had here. I had a curved pulley about 5" diameter (like a boat rope pulley) that I slotted for the motor keyway. Mount was on a lever so you could lower it onto tire. It worked perfectly. I would pedal up to about 10, lower choked motor on, it would start, choke off, then away I'd go. I had ignition kill switch on handlebar so it was a compression "Jake brake" to slow down. It would go 64mph, flat level asphalt. No helmet of course.
I had a buddy follow me home one night, he on a motorcycle. At home I turned up driveway, and basically bike fell apart! (I was fine...coasting to a stop). The rear tire inner tube was squeezing out the sidewall!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

This one might do The Ton.

Ymmv

go get a Stingray and keep up with this guy. since it appears people believe Stingrays can go to go 54 MPH, it should be no problem.

this guy is more fit and crazy than I was, I did my slower version many times when I was young and indestructible and lived to tell the tale. my friend I used to ride with was a fireman, I had to wait for him at the bottom since he had seen what happens to cyclists who crash at speed. said the road rash looks like the meat at he grocery store, only with rocks in it.

the video starts at the 12:00 minute mark. that is the beginning of the best downhill part.

Last edited:
I did more cutting on my 68 Gravity build.

I’ve deleted the kickstand mount, chain guard mounts, rear fender mount nubs, top fender mount.

Next I m going to bend the rear triangle in skinnier and work on a custom flush front headset.

936b31e8b8906c87ee551397611d2fe5.jpg

7e7d2064e9922d65dd8d38e53194e315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14ae26684242a93f3ef79eeeb302fe64.jpg

Here’s a first look at a dirty mock-up of the bike using a Pixie fork and a late 40s springer as a rear swing arm. The wheelbase stretches out to 50”, the maximum for official gravity bike competition.

f100832ba02d718c5dcfb791b00e00e1.jpg

10fb0f4b5aba689a8453ca3c4269a7b2.jpg

Streamlining the frame.

The first draft rules are out the window.

For now the rule I’m giving myself for the frame is, all frame tubes and frame welds must be original factory Chicago Schwinn cantilever Stingray.

Back