When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Frame Numbers 1933 - 1945

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hey thanks for the info. I’m thinking that the seat is not correct. Trying to locate a Persons seat that looks like in the ads is what I have been doing. I have the correct blackout sprocket and cranks already, just trying to track down a blackout New Departure model D wheel set then I think it will be complete for me. I ride all mine

Here’s the chain ring and crank

01FA8A67-254B-4B4F-9F4E-2D30338A63C5.jpeg

So what would be the correct size balloon tire for the 92H? 26X2.125? And what manufacture period correct tires?

Hello Sarg1969;
Your F92H is superb, the chainring and crank are the good models, your rims too.
For the tires are 26x2.125, original tire: US ROYAL MASTER CENTIPED GRIP
Regards;
Serge
I have to look at the rear hub to see if I can put a skip tooth cog on it. But most likely I will need a blackout ND model D to make it correct.

Hi yall! Just acquired this bicycle from my Grandma. My Grandpa had given it to me years and years ago. He passed away last year and I have finally picked it up. He used to tell me it was a military bike but that’s about all he would tell me. I began research thinking it could be a “Flying Markel” but I now believe it is not. It has no badge or emblems on it. Just 65414 stamped on the bottom. Can someone please help me out with this! Thank you

3DCEAA51-AC91-4D59-9F89-1E1A67A21B47.jpeg

59782058-36C1-4A0D-8943-A5ECBDBD792A.jpeg

20594B90-4DB9-4A10-BA58-5FE6BD5BF901.jpeg

Hi @BenjaminKeith55

and Welcome.

Sorry to say it's not military, the military designs are well known, and this style isn't one of them. I hope that's not too dissapointing.

It does seem to be a Westfield bicyle. The chainwheel is one of the 'Coffin' types seen on westfields, and the font of the numbers stamped on it are also seen on Westfields.

You say it only has 65414 stamped on it. There will be a letter under the paint to the left, and that will tell you what year it was made. Here is an example with a H, which was made in 1930. If you can tell us the letter, we can tell you the date.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian

@Mercian

Thank you for the information! No this isn’t upsetting at all. I’m just thankful to finally have this in my possession. I read through this forum before posting. I seen all the letters and things of that nature. I didn’t realize the letter was under the paint. I thought maybe this one may not have it. I will take the paint off that area and see what I can find! Thank you for the help and speedy reply!

@merican

What I have found looks to be a “L 65414” which looks to be a 1942 from the records in this forum post. Correct me if I am wrong please! I’m guessing someone repainted this bike at some point. Why does this frame differ from the frames that most of these folks have in this forum?

I’d really like to get tires on this bike, and go through the bearings and things of that nature to make this rideable. Any tips there? Thank you in advance!

5ADCAAD6-255F-4F7E-AA09-B2BEB6956B90.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @BenjaminKeith55

Thanks for your nice remarks, andalso for the full number of your bike.

L65414 is 1933. Your bike was built around the third quarter of 1933.

the type of bike is referred to as a 'Camel back' because of the drop in the upper frame tube.

Westfield put several badges on these bikes. The one linked below is the closest I have recorded to yours, and this uses a Columbia badge.

I also have a similar one recorded from the same year with a 'Century' badge.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back