When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Electric bike for the wife?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
My wife is struggling with lung cancer and she's really wanting to ride a bike again on the boardwalk if Va. Beach.
Just looking for the best for the buck and if there is anyone here looking to let one go.
She's about 5'9".
I went and looked at a few yesterday and daggum they are costly.

thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cheapest and easiest would be to get a 26" hub motor conversion kit off of eBay and mount it on a steel frame mountain bike. I've been running one as my commuter for more than 10 years. I would not use lead acid batteries- they are very heavy, don't last long and will destroy any rack you mount them on. I bought a lithium iron phosphate battery from bikeberry and loved it- lasts through many cycles without degraded performance and half the weight. My biggest problem was breaking blackburn racks with the lead acid batteries.

My wife’s uncle bought a giant electric assist bike a few years ago and swears it the best 1300 bucks he ever spent. I tried it and it was fast and fun.

Took the leap this week on an electric bike front wheel conversion kit.
Purchased the Clean Republic "Sprinter" 26".
A member on here said he's used this brand and loves it.
Works on late prewar frames. Coaster brake application as well.
Can't wait to see if it fits the build I hope for.
Updates to follow

The best way to go is to electrify a trailer.
It enables you to push any bicycle, while hauling.

83572E67-51C5-4B65-9311-AE1832A4A47F.png

1D5C7343-3ED8-4A49-85B4-386D6323AEDB.jpeg

Finally recieved the Hilltopper Sprinter front wheel kit and here she is on the maiden ride. She loves it.
Ordered another for one of my rides.
Problem is the kit wheel's axle is larger than the bike's forks allow so modification need to be done to the fork ends and the fender stays...that part sucks.
If truss rods exists then a decision needs to be made if alterations are worth it.

In general, it is easier to file down the axle on two sides to fit the fork. The metal in the fork dropout is much harder to file down than the axle.
- Dont file down the axle too far. Take your time.

Back