When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hardware, parts, etc.

-

Sevenhills1952

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Within the next couple weeks I'll be stopping by where I grew up, Mom has lived there over 80 years. On the place is a building we used as a workshop and it's packed full of junk. No one ever threw anything away so it's full of stuff mostly 20s thru 60s. I hate to see things thrown out someone could use, but I can't imagine sorting through 2 stories of stuff.
Maybe I could post pictures? I'm not interested in selling...but is there someone who collects old hardware, etc?
(My nightmare would be "I need a slotted pan head 6-32 x 1.25"[emoji38]).

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Within the next couple weeks I'll be stopping by where I grew up, Mom has lived there over 80 years. On the place is a building we used as a workshop and it's packed full of junk. No one ever threw anything away so it's full of stuff mostly 20s thru 60s. I hate to see things thrown out someone could use, but I can't imagine sorting through 2 stories of stuff.
Maybe I could post pictures? I'm not interested in selling...but is there someone who collects old hardware, etc?
(My nightmare would be "I need a slotted pan head 6-32 x 1.25"[emoji38]).

I don't really collect antique hardware, I do save a little bit of it up here and there though. But if you find stuff like round head steel flatblade screws, and the old 1800s square nuts and bolts. Or things like old square framing nails, hand forged nails, any of those hardwares that are scarcely, if ever, made now, I'm sure there are buyers. 1800s hardware I think is underappreciated, but its those small details that make the project really get you excited. People doing period correct restorations on building and houses, automotive and carriage restoration. Not to mention, if you're like me and you see a 1920s car or bicycle, and its got philips head screws, that drives me crazy in a bad way- if only they had found some correct screws. You might have some nice stuff there, and that which isn't so good you can scrap, and it will get recycled and not go to waist.

I guess what I meant to say is I'd like to find someone who supplies old hardware. I wouldn't want money for it, just shipping.
I'd have to figure out best way to do it, which I assume pictures the first step?
I did see some bicycle things, old pedals, skip tooth gears, (not a lot).

Back